Valencia, the combo Anarch?

gonna test a version now with this same influence package
gonna see if ice carvers and a lone spooned are still better than davids, with no yog in play

1 Like

That Anarch shell will always be the Avocado Suite, in my heart. L4J with +3 blackmail, +1 progenitor/plas/wtfever (flex tech slot), +1 inject is solid as hell in Val, too. Getting anarchā€™d and having someone score 2-4 points behind an EBCā€™d lotus field is the very definition of sadness, though.

2 Likes

Nice list @hhooo! Iā€™ve been contemplating that influence package as well ā€“ Legwork adds a much needed HQ threat, great call there. NRE definitely feels too inconsistent in Val when Iā€™ve tested which is really too bad because it has the potential to save you so much money in the long run.

Similarly, Desperado is amazing in Val but 6 influence and one MU seems way too limiting.

How are we making room for Street Peddler? Iā€™m thinking swap out the Injects for them, and adding a SoT for when your Blackmails get Peddled.

Iā€™m working on it. I agree that some number of events need to get tossed, but I also think Stimhack finds its way in. Because Stimhacking a Liberated accounts probably just wins you the game on the spot. I think thatā€™s in the rules.

8 Likes

Hehehe. So funny. Itā€™s not a bad plan, especially if you splash SMCs too. Street peddler will give reg-Anarchs that Shaper mystique. Corp be like ā€œI have no idea what this runner is capable of in the next 4 clicks.ā€

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve got as a prototype for Val once Peddler hits. I might even play this at the ANRPC this weekend.

The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Estevez

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (11)
3x Blackmail
3x Career Fair ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x Inject
1x Levy AR Lab Access ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Stimhack

Hardware (7)
3x Clone Chip ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢
1x e3 Feedback Implants ā€¢ā€¢
2x Grimoire
1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (20)
3x Street Peddler
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
2x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
1x Same Old Thing
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (4)
3x Faust
1x Femme Fatale ā€¢

Program (8)
2x D4v1d
2x Datasucker
1x Medium
3x Parasite

15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

This deck draws a deeply absurd number of cards, and at the very least is great at locking remotes. The E3 is just guess at something that is good card in here, but it may not be the best use of influence. Wraparound and Turing are both easily beaten by David, Swordsman can be hit by Femme or Parasite usually. Iā€™ve got to get some games in as I expect this doesnā€™t have enough central pressure, and it may even want Analog dreamers to keep the Ice light and manageable on other servers.

Also, the deck doesnā€™t need the 2 mem from Grimoire, and it may be able to get away without a console at all, but Iā€™m also going to try it with Vigil and Turntable.

3 Likes

i think whatā€™s going to happen is desperado wydlecakes val with 2 faust as lotus solutions instead of zu or net ready
opens up a third clone chip with 3 career fair at the very least
have to test if the discards are a problem with all that draw acceleration, but i think the two may synergize well

I honestly like the desperado in the style deck that Nobody ran recently and won with the memstrips lol. How does the economy feel with grimoire, no atman, and zule? I keep thinking that zule will make me broke and I like the idea of ice carver and spooned back in but that kills our BS matchup hard.

TLDR: how is grimoire and having more than 1 clone chip? Iā€™m so used to not being able to run more than 1 clone chip and I kinda miss it with parasite. I canā€™t get a feel for this economy package on paper.

:open_mouth: This is wild, man!

You know Analog Dā€™s only targets non-ice, right? Or am I missing something?

One spooned would have been the only change to the deck Iā€™d have made on the day. You have enough David recursion that tollbooth wasnā€™t an issue. The econ is slightly click intensive at the very start if you donā€™t get a career fair early, but it absolutely runs the late game. You can trash any and everything you see and get back in for another run. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever felt as confident in an econ/draw package as this one.

1 Like

Right. I forgot that card wasnā€™t totally broken anymore. Scratch the dreamers.

3 Likes

The tempo you gain with Desperado you often end up losing because of your memory problems. Most Anarchs need more than 5 MU because their R&D pressure takes memory. Noise with his Aesopā€™s and Headlock Reina with her ability to keep ice out of the way are exceptions.

when youā€™re set up mid/late game and ice carving with desperado you can just easily chuck the datasucker for your medium, or you can get by without having to parasite the ice in front of you
itā€™s not a problem
i mean you donā€™t have goofass double datasucker or double medium memstrip shenanigans going on, sure

itsā€¦not as good.
im immediately back on desperado, 2 chip, zu, wyldcakes, myself
(even though you werenā€™t addressing me at all, whioops!

do you mind sharing your list in PM or on here?

In my experience, you want the threat of Parasucker late game. You also need D4v1d late game very often, and of course Medium is your win condition.

This really only applies to games vs. Glacier, which make up 3/5 of the competitive corps. Desperado is really only great vs. NEH Fastro, which admittedly is a tough matchup for reg Val and Whizzard.

keep making changes and coming back to

valiant comics: rai #0

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (12)
3x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) [color=#4169E1]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
3x Iā€™ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
2x Desperado (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢[/color]
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (18)
3x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Ice Carver (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanityā€™s Shadow)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
1x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
1x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]

Program (8)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

i dont have a great argument for zu vs net ready except somehow net ready seems to call for more than one copy whereas a lone zu is just your other decoder if needed, and you donā€™t get into too much trouble due to all the draw and blackmail if itā€™s buried
i dont see street peddler doing much, but a faust or twoā€¦
i think the scrubber spot is where clot can go, but absence of clot in this current version hasnā€™t gotten me into too much trouble yet. that might just be recent games though, and could be foolish not to slot

Letā€™s clean this up a bit:

-2 Scrubber, -2 Ice Carver, -1 Datasucker

+2 Inject, +3 Street Peddler

Speed is king.

1 Like

street peddle a blackmail and inject and then weā€™ll talk
-1 datasucker isnā€™t bad
ice carver synergizes so insanely with bp, you donā€™t want to give that up
inject speed is nice and all but you want 3 clone chips for that, so you want some other changes to allow for that (and from limited testing, those changes arenā€™t as good)
0 same old thing is where i go out on a limb, but i maintain that itā€™s better for you to have no idea when i can blackmail than the constant threat idea, which is better for camping/setting up.
inject would be great to help draw into wcakes faster, but youā€™d want to slot 2-3 of them for that. if you get it later itā€™s a dead card.

1 Like