Worldwide Regional Results

You did 5 rounds and a top 8 with only 21 players? Wouldn’t it normally be 4 rounds and a top 4 cut?

1 Like

Holy Weyland, Batman

They likely wanted to play more Netrunner :slight_smile:

The 18-player Regionals I attended a week ago used 5 rounds Swiss + top 4, which also was more than standard tournament rules say. Players were happy with this. On the other hand, there was another tournament in my country a week earlier, with 27 players and 4 rounds + top 8 as the rules say, I haven’t been there but I’ve heard people didn’t enjoy this format much (especially those who travelled from other cities).

1 Like

My philly winning decks:

Corp (boring Food + ELP)
http://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/XqAPKRpM5hHapjegv/
ELP is really the the only interesting part of this deck. It did a lot of work on the day, fizzling a couple Employee Strikes and shutting down security testing vs. Stealth Andy. Also is pretty brutal versus whizz with wyldsides before they find pancakes. I think its a solid choice right now.

Runner:
http://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/cAtaKK9covr5FJHj3/
I teched whizz with peddler, largely interesting in consistently finding cakes and having clot to beat NEH. Only 2 Faust but it was fine on the day, though its probably wrong. Film critic as the most general piece of tech for IG / Palana / Midseasons decks. It did a bunch of work on the day, as I ended up having to play Hinkes IG 4 times (2 vs. Chris, 2 vs. Dan).

10 Likes

Idk… I played four events and I was so mentally taxed after 3 days of gaming by the time Netrunner finals was ready. I do enjoy having access to so many cool events and a pretty awesome regional but its hard to do everything that they offer without being brain dead :P. Should have done what Zane did and just played netrunner cut, took saturday off :D.

1 Like

Nice job. No Yellow kill dex? No Plas…

IG players would probably be fairly incomfortable against you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not saying it is unbeatable. I was, a few weeks back, one of the guys in the IG thread talking about how I approach beating it. Just pointing out how little of it we are seeing in top cuts. It is something I find interesting.

1 Like

Yellow kill is probably my weakest matchup. If you get FC it helps a ton as you don’t have to fight the money war, and if you play smart and run aggressively you can usually do okay w/o that.

1 Like

FC helps a ton. However, I’ve seen NEH and Sol kill move super fast. Every tool helps.

Well done. Too much Yellow kill in the Middle West not to Plas.

Here’s what the decks that I won Tacoma with:

10 Likes

I love that your corp deck was 47 cards.

4 Likes

Anyone I could ask to find out the final results?

Unfortunately the convention hall was already booked for that Monday. We would have also vastly preferred Saturday-Monday. (Edit: and by “that” Monday I mean today. Still pretty brain dead)

1 Like

The suggested advanced setup for 21 players is 4 rounds, top 8 cut. We’ve done 5 rounds at regionals for the past few years largely because we like to make a bigger day of it as it’s the only really major tournament most of us ever get to attend :slight_smile:

That said, this was also the smallest turnout I’ve personally seen at one of our regionals (this is my third one), including missing a few of our best players, so that was a bit disappointing, but these things happen.

As for our lack of IG, numerous players I talked to were mostly worried about running to time, especially during elim. Others just weren’t as comfortable piloting it as they were other decks, and some just refused to play it because they hate it!

1 Like

I figured something like that was probably the case. You usually have to book things like convention halls a ridiculous time in advance. Stinks, though =(

That being said, good job on the event! Everyone I know who went had a blast, and it was fun watching the various feeds from home.

1. Nobody forced you to play in every single event!
  2. Not everyone can make the cut in every event we enter :P. Some of us need to do a couple regionals to make a cut…

Seriously though, if Seattle’s Netrunner and Thrones regionals were on separate weekends, I probably would not have been able to do both.

Here are my decks for 3rd in Tacoma regionals:

Corp:

The NAPDs and CST are amazing for rushing to 4 points quickly. I used batty because I’m a complete pussy to PolOp. The inclusion made me also add cobra as a cheap ichi. I think going forward I will go up to two GFI at least maybe until Film critic dies down again. The deck is great for pure netrunner, until you get to play Zane’s big dig on R&D.

Runner:

Fairly generic Whizzard but changed a bit more to my liking. I actually just want to play noise, and has been for a whole year. The fear of IG made me ditch it, but I slotted imps to make up for that lost comfort. Imps are mostly also used to shore up the poor sync match ups. The one of strike is just a leftover tech that I decided to keep, but I’m considering of dropping it while keeping Film Critic. I will possibly try out legwork by -strike, -career, and go up to 3x dirty laundry.

2 Likes

Won the Arizona Regional. Here are the decks, not much to see here:

Corp: FoodCoats - 2016 Arizona Regional Winner (37 players) · NetrunnerDB

Runner: DumbleFork - 2016 Arizona Regional Winner (37 players) · NetrunnerDB

3 Likes

Do you happen to know the number of players who attended, who got what place in the top 8, and with what IDs? Or know where I might be able to find that information?