Worldwide Regional Results

I think that’s probably one of the reasons. Boardgames, whilst not insanely mainstream, have nonetheless gained a fair bit of popularity here to the point where I am mildly surprised that a lot of popular boardgames (obviously I don’t mean monopoly) are still not available outside of those boardgame stores.

1 Like

I’m a little scared that the lower attendance is indicating a general decline in interest in the game. I don’t think it has to do with FFG’s marketing as much as other factors, like the MWL & some of the card pool complaints people have brought up elsewhere. Maybe these factors made things just complicated & unfun enough to drive people away. I’m one of the people who wasn’t at last year’s regionals so I’m curious if it feels that way to others who have been around longer.

1 Like

Always possible the early ones were down a bit due to fatigue.

I mean, we kinda rolled into the regionals right after a ton of store championships. People might need some time to recuperate and be able to travel again. The May or June ones might be more something to watch, especially as people get off school and have some vacation time.

2 Likes

Several of my friends didn’t make the closest regionals to us due to fatigue. The store champ season with travel really took it out of them.

I think that is definitely a major scheduling issue that played into lower regionals attendance.

2 Likes

Does anybody have lists for these Val decks?

“Aggro Val” piloted by @Heartthrob and @AkAnderson

Good stuff - Val piloted by Elmon

4 Likes

Durham regionals results is here if people are interested. It has 56 people. The meta is pretty much no jank.
Some of us brought Sam’s SYNC because it’s good against orange and it did well for me in the tournament.

http://www.acoo.net/anr-tournament/1164/durham-nc-2016-regionals/

And of course, IG won. No surprise.

5 Likes

I missed it because I was doing LARP stuff in Charlotte instead. :frowning: I would’ve gone if I’d won the Store Championship and had a bye…

58 in Madison today (71, -18%)
31 in San Antonio (new)
29 in Huntsville (new)
118 players in three regionals

What’s up in Alabama and San Antonio?

2 Likes

Where are you finding the numbers from last year? I’m thinking of going to the Chicago regionals in June, and I’m not sure if I should pre-register or not to save a spot.

I have a spreadsheet from last year with most of 'em on it and otherwise hunt numbers down on NRDB; I do not know about Chicago, amazingly. No clue how that happened.

3 Likes

San Antonio had 31 today. Colin Hanna won again. @shazzner second.

Edit (top 8 final standings):

1 - Colin H - Noise/ETF
2 - Chris H- Valencia/NEH
3 - Sam S - Whizzard/SYNC
4 - Chris S - Whizzard/Palana
5/6 - Alex L - Noise/Spark
5/6 - Allen H - Andromeda/Haarpsichord
7/8 - Jeff S - Noise/Etf
7/8 - Rufus M - Leela/NEH

4 Likes

How does that attendance compare with last year?

We didn’t have a regionals last year. Our store championship was only 14, so +17 from that.

2 Likes

What were the Madison results? I missed the stream.

Jordan Morris (maybe @rubyvr00m?) won with Maxx and NEH. @spags took second with Whizzard and IG. I’ll post more info with the NRTM graphs at some point later today.

5 Likes

Thanks again to everyone that came out to the Madison, WI regionals. @cranked and I had a great time TOing the event. Also, huge shoutout to @Sotomatic for coming down to stream the event. Here are the final standings (not sure if some of these guys are on Stimhack or not):

1. Jordan Morris @rubyvr00m? (Maxx/NEH)
  2. Scott Pagliaroni @spags (Whizzard/IG)
  3. Alex Simon (Kate/NEH)
  4. Trevor Stack (Hayley/Palana)
    5/6. Joe Schupp @Paranoid (Noise/IG)
    5/6. William Brown @Ulkrond? (CT/Blue Sun)
    7/8. Erik Hasse @hasserik? (Whizzard/Biotech)
    7/8. Aaron Andries @aandries (Whizzard/Biotech)

For those of you that like stats/graphs, here ya go:

Runner ID breakdown:

Corp ID breakdown:

Corp vs. Runner win %:

Runner Faction wins:

Corp Faction wins:

Runner ID win %:

Corp ID win %:

ID matchup:

That’s a lot of data, but here are my takeaways:

1. Corp was king with a 56% win percentage.
  2. The only corp without an ID greater than 50% win percentage was HB.
  3. Of the corp IDs played, 11/17 had >= 50% win percentage.
  4. On the runner side, only Whizzard, Maxx, and the one lonely professor had >= 50% win percentage.
20 Likes

Also - so much NEH, IG, Gagarin - we really are deep in the asset meta.

3 Likes

fantastic data; rather sharpens my opinion that in competitive play, the game has swung hard towards corps outside of anarch IDs (and even noise is struggling to remain in contact)

Thanks a ton for sharing!

7 Likes

Yeah it was me. Finally beat the great @spags on his own turf.

5 Likes