Flashpoint Cycle!

I know it’s not as exciting as Mausolus (Weyland keeps up the ‘historical Kings’ theme - I do love how their megalomania comes through in their chosen ‘skin’ on the Net) -

But Georgia (the Jinteki floating Net Damage Sysop) is a pretty great little annoyance. It makes facechecking a special kind of hell if you keep a little Georgia Fund on the go to move her. Not sure the match checks out on ‘worth it’ in a serious game, but having her keep popping up like Bugs Bunny to whack the Runner upside the head then skedaddle oughtta be a lot of fun.

I’m an inveterate weakling re: Cambridge/1000 Cuts Jinteki, I’ll admit.

Observe and Destroy already looks slightly win-more (Runner has less than $6 = NBN is doing pretty well…unless it’s Corp has less than $6? HMM) - but what could it be? Surely not just ALL THE TAGS with ‘destroy’, and surely not damage…and there’s already a fair few Resource trashers, so it hopefully isn’t just a better All-Seeing I. Intrigued!

I briefly missed that Beth the Shaper Supplier didn’t stack her abilities and almost exploded in outrage. Reading~~~ helps us grow~~~~ (“I, can do ANYthing…”)

1 Like

Jinteki executive looks really good in RP.

I’m sure it won’t the best deck going, but I really want to play Georgia Emelyov in RP, sneak out an Ancestral Imager or two and then slap a Checkpoint on each central.

4 Likes

[quote=“dwindrim, post:120, topic:7403”]
But Georgia (the Jinteki floating Net Damage Sysop) is a pretty great little annoyance. It makes facechecking a special kind of hell if you keep a little Georgia Fund on the go to move her. Not sure the match checks out on ‘worth it’ in a serious game, but having her keep popping up like Bugs Bunny to whack the Runner upside the head then skedaddle oughtta be a lot of fun.
[/quote]There’s no need to make her run away; she only triggers on an unsuccessful run, so when you move her to a server and trigger her, the runner isn’t accessing her.

Georgia is sick anti-Nero tech.

In all seriousness, she’s incredible combined with Komainu in a trap-heavy deck. Used to be, if you hit a Komainu without a breaker, you’d jack out and lick your wounds. With Ms. Emelyov on the table, that’s no longer an option.

6 Likes

This came up on the Official Rules thread after D&D was spoiled, and the conclusion there was that the ice is considered passed at the time the encounter phase ends, so the DS effects ends when Prey takes effect:

It’s based on the same ruling that @ijw473 linked.

1 Like

I asked Damon (he answers a lot faster than LL btw) and you are right.

3 Likes

Georgia.
Also known as, the card that makes Corps start asking ‘Are you breaking subroutines?’ on Komainu.

1 Like

Does anyone else think it is thematically a bit weird that the alliance mechanic will continue to work during the flashpoint cycle when these folks are supposedly at war with each other? Or is this just a case of a megacorps bureaucratic structure so large that the left hand doesn’t know (or chooses to ignore) what the right hand is doing?

3 Likes

Nothing explicitly states which corps are at war, so you could imply that Weyland is teaming up with HB and NBN against Jinteki.

Interestingly enough, there’s currently no way to get all 3 alliance conditions satisfied in a single deck (6x1inf times 3 is 18 inf, and Custom Biotics can’t Jinteki).

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any more problem with Alliances than is already inherent in crossfactioning. The cross-corporate alliances just mean that, for example, Ibrahim Salem will more readily work for anyone who is already contracting a bunch of NBN’s other staff and facilities. Your corps don’t have to be literal allies.

Sony has sued itself several times so yes, probably.

5 Likes

Does anyone find it disturbing that Princess Space Kitten is actually a kitten?

Could just be an avatar.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna assume cyberspace based on the giraffe and the levitating mic.

2 Likes

One word. Imp.

I’m excited for this cycle, but at the same time, I’m growing disgusted thinking about the oppressive econ denial deck I’m going to make with Reina, Diwan, System Outage and Ixodidae. That’s right, everyone’s favorite binder fodder seems to have a really interesting use 3 cycles later. Is it time for a critical mass of denial cards to outshine account siphon in anarch, so that our Queen may rise out of her shackles?

Answer: I’m going to be busy murdering people with net and meat to really find out, all things considered.

Let’s talk about random cards I have words for!

Sunny card. So is net police worth playing yet? No? Sorry for asking. Myself.

Chrysalis: Why is the trash cost 1, why does it even have a trash cost? Is it a trap? Is the edge case Nero encounters it during multi access worth the inclusion. I mean, if course not, these are silly questions one asks to propose an answer to a question no one really asked. Still kind of like the card though.

Null: Lowering the strength of ice is not raising the strength of a breaker, so I would still recklessly toss Faust into a Null deck, just one that does more than trash cards and fat at video games all day. Faust can be a stopgap measure, until actual breakers are found, then those shitty inefficient, underpowered Faust decks can finally stop losing over and over to meat and net damage. You know, the professor Faust deck that is just inches away from winning Worlds

System Outage feels like it shoulda been blue

4 Likes

Would be nice to get another Criminal current, they only have one. Anarchs already have 3.

2 Likes

Going by their development cycle, Flashpoint was designed whilst we were still in the Anarch dark ages.

Expect a fair few things that should be in other factions thrown to orange.

I’m not sure why people are saying this - it’s synergistic with FIS, and that’s about it.

2 Likes