[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

Sooooo we have confirmation that we can take news team as an -ve agenda and still send it to bottom of the deck!

I’m personally more excited for the QPM interaction, however rarely it will come up in Jes.

1 Like

Well if you happen to need the MU you could run maya in another ID and just not use the ability as freely.
Then the QPM interaction is gonna happen a lot more

1 Like

I just wish it would stop the Corp from winning if it got them to 7.

But for another fun interaction now I can steal Government Takeover and bottom it to stop myself from dying. This console is great.

I don’t think that would work. You’d steal it, and THEN send it back to R&D. You technically STOLE 6 agenda points, so you’d get killed AND you wouldn’t even have the agenda points to show for it!

Sadly, due to weird rulings previously in re: punitive, it needs to check the agenda points on the agendas in the score area apparently, so once bottomed there are no points to be found there.

Welp, nevermind then! Guess Maya does protect you from getting blown up.

Not sure this is true. It checks on the agenda. If it’s in your score area (e.g. Food), it counts the points there. If it’s removed from the game, it can’t find it, so there are no points. But if it’s just on the bottom of the deck, I’m not sure if it counts as still in the game and able to be referenced.

1 Like

To be sure, the interaction is confusing.

I guess it would depend on how they rule agendas in terms of being the same copy or a different one. Going off of uninstalling programs and such, it becomes a different copy of itself. If this is true for agendas then it seems Punitive wouldn’t work. If it does work, well then there’s a whole bunch of questions about shuffling and 1-ofs and whatnot that were asked above.

2 Likes

It’s my position that the “Card Memory” rules would come into play. Once back in the deck, it is for all intents and purposes a different card. Punitive would have to trigger a deck check and presumably a reshuffle in order to “see” the agenda.

HT @Sabin76 for finishing his post before I finished mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, I think you guys are right.

Based off of @aero’s model from a GNK here. I’d be thinking this once all the cards drop:

New Runner Deck

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (20)

Hardware (5)

Resource (13)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (3)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I hate saying this because I built the CT deck that @aero based his off of in the first place, but I think Jes is going to end up going a different route. I fully intend to jam three Siphons into a very similar list for testing but I have a feeling that Vamp control is going to end up being more consistent.

A big reason why the Statistical Siphons deck worked in the first place was that 40 cards means you can reliably get Faust on the table and Siphon played in 2.5 turns (average based off of 100 test draws, including outliers). 45 doesn’t seem that much worse, but it messes up the numbers something fierce. Vamp/Mopus takes a bit longer to set up but Jes can do it pretty easily, and then the game is pretty much hers to lose. It also means you get a better breaker suite since you save a lot of influence.

That being said I have an unhealthy obsession with putting 3x Siphon in everything, so we’ll see. I want to believe.

1 Like

With 3 Diesel, 3 Patron and 2 Quality Time, is John Masanori needed? It may be better served to be something else.

1 Like

I guess my problem with Vamp in Jessminder is why? 1 tag isn’t enough reason to play her.

@JTG81, Masanory + Patron means start your turn with a diesel, which faust likes.

On the whole, I’m not thinking anything jess does will be tier 1, but I can’t see anything other than siphon.dec being exactly what she should be doing to have the most power. Maybe maya is better than it looks…

I mean, Vamp Kit works incredibly well with the same decksize and less influence, and Shapers have never had a difficult time getting the right breakers out. Effectively gaining a click and two credits every time you Vamp and still being able to run resources is pretty great. Maya is massively strong but only really practical in Jes, and the 2MU is exactly what you need to run Mopus and still have a full rig. Making Data Ravens very sad is an objectively good thing.

There’s a lot to try out. I think she’s got real potential, even if she’s probably more in Hayley-tier than Kate.

This actually isn’t the case; it works how Dragar says. Yes it’s weird, but Jacob confirmed it (link below for full context) for 15 Minutes, and the Maya+Takeover case seems the same in all the relevant ways. Jacob did say a few posts later that he thought it was daft and would be arguing the call, but as far as I know the most recent ruling from Lukas was the one in this post.

2 Likes

Going off that, then yeah I’d die. This doesn’t take anything away from Maya, though.

That seems like a pretty clear answer to me. So then Punitive on Maya’d GFI would do 3 instead of 2 because it references the points on the card and since it’s not in the score area, it doesn’t get reduced.

QPM/News Team interaction is still good to go (then again, why not just use Artist Colony and keep the News Team for a free tutor), but it seems throwing that Takeover on the bottom is not helping you at all.

1 Like

So, what’s the trick with Code Siphon? As people have stated, it’s great for getting your breakers, but you need your breakers first in order to use it. And even if you had a program you wanted to install and had all your breakers already, aren’t you spending all the money you’re “saving” just running R&D?

I ask this in earnest, because I feel like I’m missing some tactic people are utilizing when they play Code Siphon if they are so eager to include 2-3 copies in their deck. Do they plan on waiting to land a Vamp/Siphon, and then use it when the corp is poor?